You can catch the Oregon Symphony's fine principal cellist Nancy Ives this coming Friday, May 18th, at 8 pm at the Broderick Gallery. Ives teams up with pianist Susan DeWitt Smith to present
- Suite No. 3 in C Major for Solo Cello by J. S. Bach
- Suite No. 1 in C Minor for Solo Cello by William Bolcom
- Elegy, Op. 24, by Gabriel Faure
- Fantasy Pieces, Op. 73, by Robert Schumann
- Sonata in G Minor for Cello and Piano, Op. 19, by Sergei Rachmaninoff
I like the way that Ives has anchored the orchestra's cello section with her excellent playing and solid leadership. So this concert gives you a chance to hear her up close. Tickets are only $9 at the door. The Broderick Gallery is located at 814 SW 1st Avenue in Portland. Classical Millennium is a co-sponsor of this concert.