Thursday, March 11, 2021

Oregon Symphony will be back!!! 2021-2022 season announcement


The Oregon Symphony will be back in the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with its new music director, David Danzmayr, a terrific group of conductors and composers in its new creative alliance, and a big bold season program that looks spectacular. And Carlos Kalmar will become the conductor emeritus and be leading a big Mahler 9 concert.

Another terrific part of the new season is an acoustical improvement. The orchestra has hired Meyer Sound to use its technology to enhance the sound quality in the hall. I have heard what Meyer Sound can do, because I was in San Francisco a few years ago with my music critics colleagues, and we heard a demonstration of this technology at the San Francisco Symphony - in a seciton of Davies Hall. I can tell you that it was mind-boggling to hear what they can do. So I am especially looking forward to this improvement at the Schnitz.

The Oregon Symphony has released a video that tells you about the exciting developments for the 2021-2022 season. I heartily recommend it to you. Just click on this link and enjoy

No comments: